Saturday 16 May 2009

The Male Gaze.

Huge, huge issue for me to address in my major essay for Contemporary Film Studies. :D

I'm writing my 2,300 words on American Beauty, but so you guys can get an idea of what the "male gaze" is all about, the perfect example in the world is in the movie Twilight.


You know how Edward Cullen casts those long, intense, insanely piercing gazes at Bella?
That, my friends, has the "male gaze" written all over it!

Speaking of Twilight, when Mum and I were shopping at TESCO yesterday (oh, I do love Tesco!), I popped by Borders to see how much the Twilight books cost (would have considered buying the trilogy if it was reasonably priced) - but they're so expensive! Plus I only checked the paperback prices.

Oh, well. Maybe the campus library will get the books.

0 comments: