Monday 19 July 2010

"It's called research."

The new semester starts in approximately 30 hours.

I've officially started reading the Twilight series, starting with the first volume - and you know what? Only a couple hundred pages in, and everyone I see is starting to look like Edward Effing Cullen.



So I have to flip through self-help books in between chapters to keep my feet on the ground!

I guess it doesn't help that I've had my nose in dozens of films over the too-short vacation. The best movie by a mile was The Runaways. Every scene that passed, I was increasingly amazed at the acting chops Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart showed. :D Julia Roberts was great in Valentine's Day - totally deserving her astronomical paycheck - and so was Anne Hathaway with the multiplicity of accents.



Every other film I watched was a bit of a let-down, and paled in comparison. :/



Other notable movies: Green Zone was pretty good, The Book of Eli was surprisingly a (gory) snorefest, Alice In Wonderland equally so. I don't know what's up with the trend of gory films these days, seriously, but Kick Ass - which I had such high hopes for - was unnecessarily gory as well. :(

I miss the laid-back humour of movies like Knocked Up, Mean Girls and In The Loop. He's Just Not That Into You, Adventureland, and The Hangover were also pretty darn good.

Of course, no movie can beat the beautiful humour of my all-time favourite TV series :P Funny, light-hearted, unbelievably witty. Thank goodness for The Office. My first all-time favourite program was FRIENDS, but after watching the entire series for the 20th time, I realised I'd practically memorized every scene - so I needed new material :D


The Office!

0 comments: