Friday 17 June 2011

That girl.


I'm that girl who can never remember directions. I'm that girl who walks around with both eyes open and both eyes closed. I'm that girl who can't figure out how to turn on the stove. I'm that girl who accidentally sent her mum's sewing machine up in smoke (and wasn't allowed to touch it again). I'm that girl with that one wonky tooth. I'm that girl who trips over her dresses. I'm that girl who loses her temper and says things she doesn't mean. I'm that girl who loves making friends. I'm that girl who isn't good at keeping friends. I'm that girl on auto-smile so she doesn't trouble the world with her worries. I'm that girl who laughs when she doesn't know what to say. I'm that girl who seesaws between being the life of a party and the wallflower who befriends the maid. I'm that girl who knows she's selfish, even if others call her selfless. I'm that girl with words in her head always, even if they never leave her lips. I'm that girl who sometimes doesn't feel like doing anything but be lazy. I'm that girl who wishes she could rest on her laurels, but knows she can't. I'm that girl who struggles to sleep, but sometimes struggles to wake up. I'm that girl who is so immersed in her own head, she hates this self-absorption. I'm that girl who wants to show you she cares, she does, but doesn't know how to. I'm that girl who has never been invisible, and knows she's lying to herself when she says she wants to be. I'm that girl who gets lonely but wants to be alone. I'm that girl who is a different girl around different people. I'm that girl who is tired of doubting others, but can't bring herself to take leaps of faith. I'm that girl who hasn't quite found that balance between confidence and insecurity. I'm that girl you can bring down with your words, because she'll never take it outside. I'm that girl who feels like nobody really knows her, especially when she doesn't really know herself.

Blogging helps make things clearer. :)

0 comments: