Friday 6 July 2012

Looming.

The GRE is looming very, very close. It's exactly 12 days away. I'm just going to try my best, and apply to 4-5 grad schools with the score I get - and hope that at least one school accepts me! A lot of things weighing on my mind but I'm trying to stay calm and take things one at a time. Sometimes it feels like too many things trying to go down a bottleneck but I guess life is gonna be like this a lot. Just gotta suck it up! A part of me is glad that it's going to come and be over soon, so that it's one hurdle over and done with. :)

Need to take IELTS or TOEFL soon, too. I'm hoping to take IELTS since it's the one most of my friends have done. Part of the stress in this whole trying-to-get-into-grad-school journey is probably trying to correspond with people from the grad schools, trying to ask them questions and trying not to feel embarrassed to ask questions. Semester's starting in two weeks as well... with it, there's a new load of assignments and my dissertation to work on.

Then there's grad school applications. Lots of paperwork. And admissions essays to write. Reference letters to get from teachers. There's a lot to be done, and it's a long, stressful process, but so many others before me have done it too, you know? It helps to remind myself that it can be done, that I can do this, that I will do this! I feel like... one day when this is all done, and I get that acceptance letter (or those acceptance letters, if I'm so lucky), it'll all be worth it. Eye on the prize!

P.S: Datin showed me what PR people do at Sime Darby. Kinda cool.

0 comments: