Monday 28 July 2014

Austinasian Bride on a Budget: Vlog series

After embarking on wedding planning and preparing for the flurry of chaos that is the green card application process, I decided it might be useful for the people of the interwebz if I actually tried to document this - hopefully - once-in-a-lifetime experience. So, lo and behold, the idea of a vlog series was born.

I'm calling it "Austinasian Bride on a Budget" because Darren is from Austin and I'm from Malaysia. The "Bride on a Budget" part is because the average cost of a wedding in the U.S. is $26,000 -- and I thought it would be a really fun challenge to see if we could keep our wedding ceremony costs under $1,500.


Check out Episode 1 here!

Other episodes are planned to feature our DIY guestbook and wedding favors, venue selection tips and a tour of our selected venue, service provider selection, a simple how-to of getting married in Texas, our engagement photoshoot, the wedding itself, our wedding rings, a tutorial for my simple hair and makeup for the engagement shoot and the big day (which will probably look just like what you see in this video, but heavier, haha), and the green card process.

0 comments: