Monday 16 May 2016

Florida, Fort Worth & Being 27

This morning, Datin Cynthia pointed out that I hadn't been blogging for eight months now. Eight! So here I am, taking 20 minutes to blog about the past eight months.

In October last year, Darren and I flew to Orlando for Laura and Damon's wedding. I was so incredibly excited because it was my first time to Florida, I hadn't seen Laura since graduation in May last year, AND Universal Studios Orlando contained the world's only Harry Potter Land! (Since then, another has opened in California, but at the time Florida had the only one, haha.)

Laura, the beautiful bride! They got married 10-10-2015.
I'd never been so happy to enter a theme park before!
Seriously, I could go to Harry Potter land every weekend and not get bored.
Also in October, I attended my first ever baby shower! Ana hosted it for Wan, who has since given birth to a beautiful baby girl named Saffiya. :) 

At Ana's gorgeous house, with awesome people!
And then I turned 27 years old! Sometimes I forget that I'm already 27, and that I'm turning 28 this year, and I startle myself when I realize how quickly time flies. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in my early 20s! 

Pretty much showered with gifts at work and at home! So thankful!
Coworkers threw a joint birthday party for me and Caleb!
Then, in January, Darren took me to PAX South in San Antonio! It was so much fun. It was my first ever gaming convention. Events like this really deserve their own blog posts, but I remember each event blog post would take me about 4 hours to write! A summary blog post will have to do for now. :)

Look at all the booths!


And just last week, my company sent me to Fort Worth for a three-day conference. It was the ACICS Annual Conference, and I really did have a blast. Learned a lot, networked a ton, but it feels so good to be home after a few days away!

I did, however, win a giant teddy bear. :)

P.S: I also got promoted to Director of Student Affairs & Strategic Operations!

0 comments: