Thursday 30 September 2010

Seize the day!

Every 2 to 4 months, Chic Pop Street Market rolls around - and the local shopping community goes berserk and starts saving up. Shopping statistics hit an all-time low just before Chic Pop bazaars, and the event sees shoppers literally unleashed on to the premises.

I should know, my behaviour falls exactly into this pattern :D But all four Chic Pop bazaars I've ever been to, I've totally wasted! I ogle gorgeous, one-of-a-kind items and then walk away from them because I feel a sudden inexplicable connection to the money in my wallet - most of the time going home empty-handed. But when I get home, I realise how special those things were, and how I should have just gotten them on the spot. Case in point - the floral quilted bag from designer/stylist Ken Wong, which I then had to meet him in the carpark of a rock-climbing facility to buy on the next weekend.

This time, I'm planning ahead so I won't catch myself off guard and trigger the WAN (Walk Away Now) auto-response  I seem to have cultivated. I'm checking out the blogshops that're gonna be at Chic Pop, so I won't miss out on the best stuff yet again or mistake true love for impulse purchases (and walk away).

Here are four booths I'm really excited to check out (there are more, but I can't seem to find a list anywhere, so this will do for now :D):


Tetrominoes from The Brollies


Neon leggings from Peep


Black maxi and lace-back top from Like iGloo


And one of my new favourite accessories stores, Zikkos by Sara :D

0 comments: