Saturday 7 January 2012

The year that was.

Today I'm finally throwing out my 2011 calendar. Flipping through the binder - yes, I'm one of those people who meticulously pen down all the appointments/outings/events into those one-box-per-day calendars! - a part of me feels like hoarding the calendar so I can hold on to a piece of the year that was. But the more practical part of me knows I should just blog it, so I can capture these numbers as long as this blog sits in its little cosy corner of the web.

In 2011 ...

  • I attended one wedding. Only one! My primary school teacher's son got married and she invited my family.
  • ... and one bazaar. This is my record low since 2009! I think in 2010, I attended bazaars almost every weekend!
  • ... and three birthday parties! :D Yeah, I'm a nerd, I don't go partying ... except for birthday parties. :) And one li'l birthday brunch just me and Mummy. :D
  • Hung out with An Nie 11 times, but only had one sleepover. We had a lot more sleepovers back in 2010. :) Fun times!
  • Spent 14 days in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
  • Spent 4 days in Las Vegas, USA.
  • Spent 9 days in Incheon, South Korea.
  • Spent a total of 17 days home alone!
  • Went shopping 24 times with Mummy or with Carmen, An Nie, Tse Mun, Shangari, Jenny, Shaza.
  • Spent 3 days in a multi-level marketing leadership seminar for my investigative journalism research.
  • Went to the cinema only once! Nasi Lemak 2.0 was the only movie I chose to pay to watch! :P
  • Attended one graduation - my own! :)
  • Fell in love with one Willi Spitalsky. :)

I hope that in 2012, I'll manage my time better! I hope to balance my work and play - do my work as well as spend time with my wonderful family and wonderful friends. :) My dad said that I must never be afraid of hard work, and that every problem has a solution.

0 comments: