Sunday 8 January 2012

Bachelor of Crapology.

Shang and I used to joke that in the School of A.S.S. (Arts and Social Sciences), we became experts in the art of Crapology. After curling repeatedly into a stress ball because reading dozens of articles about the Internet/cyberculture/social networking/blogs still hasn't helped me find a specific topic to write my Honours dissertation on, I decided to open up my Microsoft Word and just start typing.

So I typed 835 words - properly referenced and all! - and printed it out. Now I have my application stuff ready for Friday. Then I emailed Dr Yeoh - my Honours-supervisor-to-be - with a copy of my terrible proposal, and basically wailed for help.

Going to take a breather after three days of incessantly skimming articles on my laptop, wait for Dr Yeoh's reply, and sleep on it! All I know is that I want to write about blogs. Now the problem is finding a focus (first step - and the hardest step!), and then the academic theories to back it up into a piece of fine scholarly writing! I know that once I get these two steps done, everything will fall into place ... until then, I've got student's block. :(

0 comments: