Thursday 28 May 2009

Then I metaphoradrink.

Ever since American Idol ended, Mind Your Language has been my sustenance for sanity. Oh, Mister Brown! How I adored you, and how distraught I was when I discovered that you passed away in 1997! :( And in those tragic circumstances, too. I will never forget you and the entire cast of Mind Your Language. RIP.

Today's blog entry is in your memory, Mr Barry Evans. :)


How quickly another semester has whizzed by! :D I've been at Monash Uni for 17 months this June, and there isn't another university I'd rather be in. Truly, truly, truly.

I love that there always talks on Tuesday afternoons - just in case I ever feel like going.
I love that the highest floor of the library has a "secret" passageway through the toilets to the "quiet" study area.

I love that I have friends from different schools...
... different countries ...
... different Born-In-The-Year-Of's ...
... different dressing styles!

I love that I can call someone different every day I feel like having lunch.
I love how we can just drive over to Pyramid if we want to.
I love that there's a 3 sen photocopier's nearby.
I love that I can walk everywhere in Monash.
I love the open space between the buildings and the carparks.
I love the fresh green air that fills my lungs in the mornings when I'm walking into uni.
I love that there are nice security guards who're like my pals.
I love that there are awesome lecturers who actually know what they're teaching.
I love that there are tutors who are nice, even though none of them teach my classes.
I love the library's huge collection of books. Yes, just compare it to other private local universities.
I love that the School of ASS has really nice admin staff.
I love that the Faculty of Arts are made up of human beings with their own backgrounds, philosophies, families, lives outside Monash.
I love that we can indulge in artsy stuff like film and theatre and plays.
I love that you truly have the freedom to say whatever you want in discussions.
I love that you're not forced to say anything if you don't want to.
I love that assignments are a big part of the final grades.
I love learning something different from every essay that I write.

I love Monash. :D
I love my School of ASS. :P


I love my friends who "save" fallen hibiscus flowers by sticking it in their hair.
I love my friends who will shave their heads for charity.



I love my friends who will sit on the floor when there are no more chairs.
I love my friends who will topple chairs over and sit on them with me.



I love the variety of cars in the carpark.
I love knowing that if I ever am dying of boredom, I can just spy on the receptionists.



I love that I have friends from other nationalities.
I love that I have friends who are my age.


I love that the guys in the School of ASS aren't misogynists.
I love that religion isn't a barrier when it comes to friends and jokes.


I love that my closest friends eat chicken skin and whipped cream.


Here's to many more wonderful semesters in Monash! :)

0 comments: