Saturday 30 May 2009

"Those who wish to sing, always find a song" - Swedish proverb.


The lavender one is so me.

Hello happies! :)

The other day I was in the computer lab in the library - I know that sounds high-tech but it's just a room with computers, hahaha - when I noticed what was on the laptop screen of a girl sitting behind me.

I saw the words "High School Musical 3" and the word "Play".

I got so excited. I thought she was watching the HSM 3 movie (which I've yet to watch or even obtain, btw!).

So there I was, sitting in my chair with my neck twisted and craned to peer over the girl's shoulder, thinking I could watch the movie while she did. I sat that way for a full minute before realising...

It was a screensaver!

ANYWAYS. I love Troy. :) No offense to all the poodle people out there *ahem. Jenny & An Nie. ahem* - but miniature schnauzers are the best dogs in the world. :D

Miniature Schnauzer, 3 months, Gray, he really is miniature

I can't believe I couldn't find a picture of my real Troy in my computer. Anyway, the pic of the puppy above will give you an idea of what a miniature Schauzer looks like! :D

I miss my hamsters, but Troy and Bunny make me go like this:



But speaking of things I miss!

1. Seeing my best friends. :( My bad! The last time I saw Vanessa was in late February [I know this because I just looked at my calendar, and she's written "You were LATE to wake up!" next to my "Bazaar 10am" note on a date, haha!] and I haven't met up with Leila, An Nie, Tse Mun, Carmen, Denise or Cheryl all year! I resolve to see them again after my coming exams! :D

2. American Idol. Yes, it's only been a week or so since it ended, but it was my Look Forward To Next Week staple piece. :( I used to look forward to Harry Potter every year or two. But now that that's over, luckily there's AI and Twilight. :P Yes, I need my popular culture! Wish I could say the same for newspapers and current affairs.

3. Going to the cinema. Despite living in the generation of the Download Culture [as well as Upload Culture, come to think of it], I still enjoy Going To The Movies. There's a certain beautiful tradition to buying popcorn and watching a movie with a couple of friends and a bunch of strangers in a big, cold room. Luckily I've been having Film Studies screenings every Tuesday this year! It bears some semblance to Going To The Movies. :D But we've swapped the popcorn for San Fran latte - no sticky fingers! :P

4. Anonymity in the online shopping world. Apologies for the cliche undertones, but everything I do or say can be held against me in the online shopping world - thanks to the exposure of my "real life" identity via Your Shopping Kaki. Haha, well actually, everything I wear can also be held against me as well. Getting bitched about in online-shopping-gossip-sites (Yes, they actually exist! In tribute to Gossip Girl and what not. Heh.) and behind my back amongst certain shoppers/blogshop owners has become a regular affair - whether or not I'm guilty as charged. But after so many episodes of high school drama, I can safely say I've chosen to ignore the hens. Your Shopping Kaki as a blog may be 4 months old, but its writer is 21 years old. Besides, here's to the 700 unique visitors per day, as well as to the people who actually appreciate and like what I write! :) Also - the blog has pushed me to show a level of responsibility, commitment and responsibility I never knew I had - until now. A productive project, for sure! :D

5. Being able to buy whatever I want. Yes, I miss this freedom a lot! :( I hate the 1-clothing-purchase-per-month rule, hate it more than anything in the world. And I can't wait to break free from it. :( This rule makes me understand how communism could never work for me - where's the incentive to earn money if you can't spend it? Money becomes an obsolete currency, it cannot be used. I've literally fallen back on the Barter trading system.

6. Having next-door neighbours I actually know. I used to play "sand" with Bryan every day after (primary) school. Now my next-door neighbour is some lawyer dude who I've never spoken to in my whole life. And the other side's a little man with a big annoying ego, whose ongoing renovations is TOO NEAR MY HOUSE. Eh, hello! Why are you extending your roof so much until your construction worker can just walk over on to my roof!

7. Being obsessed with Josh Groban. Unfortunately, the novelty has sort of worn off. :( I'm more of a random music video/song junkie now. Coldplay's Vida La Vida. Kris Allen's No Boundaries. Adam Lambert's Black and White. Vitamin C's Graduation Song. I don't even have the faintest clue what's Josh Groban's latest song! :(

8. Reading books. There's nothing I love more than curling up in a sea of pillows and reading a good book. And I haven't done it in months. But now I'm re-reading Angels & Demons. Which is better than nothing. :)

Ok, I've stopped and smelled the roses. Before I got caught up with the hustle and bustle of life - lucky thing I've stopped to remind myself what I've been missing! :) Have you been missing anything?

0 comments: