Tuesday 9 June 2009

Post Office Bitch.

In a surprising turn of local flavour, it's not the post office staff that's at fault.

It's one of the freaking customers!

I was at the post office today, with eight questions to ask about Pos Laju and Registered Post charges to send books and bags. I had already prepared a pen and paper with the stuff so that I could be as prepared and fast as possible, so as not to hold up the queue. And I had already picked a time when there weren't many people. I took a number, patiently waited 10 minutes or so for my turn, and finally got to go to the one of three open counters and ask my questions. The dude was very nice, very patient, very polite, and was weighing stuff and calculating rates for me. He was also doing it at a very leisurely pace.

Then, lo and behold, this elderly housewifey woman just stands next to me at the counter with a thick stack of envelopes and unpasted stamps or some shit like that. I noticed she had not taken a number.

Five of her goddamn precious minutes later, I was on my 6th question - and she starts to babble her mouth loose.

"HEY! Tak ada kaunter lain buka ah? You have been serving this one girl for so long! More than 10 minutes already! How can one girl ask so many questions? Blahblahblahblahblah!"


Dude behind counter: "Err... you have to take a number."

Post Office Bitch: "No, no, last time the girl said don't need. Blahblahblahblah - hey, I am a shareholder of this Post Office, I am going to complain about you to your management, blahblahblahblah."

Dude behind couter: "(forgot what he said)... no, you need to take a number. *forced smile*"

Then I mumbled my final questions, flushing in embarassment, thanked dude behind counter and walked off, completely avoiding eye contact with anyone, and I could've sworn I was even holding my breath. The entire post office was watching the scene with bated breath.

After I had disappeared behind the pillar, I overheard her making more LOUD fuss about her stuff - "What? So expensive? If so expensive I don't want to send-oh!"

Only later did I think of a bazillion things I could have said to her, like:

"Hello lady! I have questions to ask, and I already waited for my turn! Why don't you be more goddamn civilised and take a number and wait for you turn? If you had taken a number, you would be done with your life-or-death postal work by now - at another counter! Stop embarassing yourself! You're like ten thousand years old and you're behaving like a child!"

But no... I didn't think of any of the snipy, witty stuff until I was safely in mummy's car complaining to her about the bully at the post office. :(

And today there's yet another lifeless bitch bitching about me in that online shopping gossip website, saying how I'm bias towards Mechell's blogshop because I'm a "model" there. The ".." was in the bitch's message. Hello! I "model" there as a favour to a friend because there's not many plus-sized people around, and sometimes she needs someone my height to model a particular clothing! Totally not the first time I'm getting bitched about on that website - probably like the 190809389811091th time. YSK's too messy, YSK's trying too hard, let's compare YSK with other websites and point out everything that's wrong with YSK just for fun!!, YSK's pathetic, YSK's blahblahblahblahblah.

Behind the cloak of anonymity - these people NEVER reveal their names, e-mail addresses, stuff like that of course - some people can say all sorts of unnecessary trash. Did I ever do anything to you personally?! I don't even know you - and YOU don't even know me! I'm just a blogger. It's just a blog.

IT IS JUST A BLOG!

I never respond to the cattiness and backstabbing (they think I have no feelings and am blind to the shit that gets written about me), but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. If I don't stick up for myself (on my personal blog - MY PERSONAL SPACE) - who will? Time to grow some metaphorical balls! So -

OY! BITCHES OF POST OFFICES AND CHATBOXES ONLINE! WHO GIVES A SHIT?! WHO CARES IF I AM BIAS? DID I EVER CLAIM I WOULD BE NEUTRAL OR UNBIASED? I CAN REVIEW WHOEVER I WANT BECAUSE IT IS MY BLOG! I DON'T OWE ANYBODY ANYTHING! I AM NOT YOUR SLAVE OR PLAYDOUGH FOR YOU TO MOULD INTO YOUR IDEA OF PERFECT. GOSSIPING ABOUT ME BECAUSE YOU ARE BORED WITH YOUR OWN LIVES IS NOT CALLED "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM". IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY THEN FOR GOODNESS' SAKE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING!

Get your own life and stop mucking other people's days up!

Overall, a royally lousy day.

Glad I got the toxic repressed anger out of my head! Phew! I haven't used "bad words" in so long that it feels GREEEEEAT to finally use them to "discuss" the right people.

Thank God tomorrow is always a new day. :) Maybe after exams I should take up meditation or regular temple visits despite not being a Buddhist, so as to avoid scratching out the eyes of the next person who makes me angry. Inner peace, baby. Inner peace.

Hommmmmmmmmmmm.

0 comments: