Monday 8 June 2009

Utterly, butterly.

What's happening in North Korea now is so uncool. :(

Euna Lee and Laura Ling are probably terrified, and it throws out the window whatever little security there was left in the journalism profession.

And hello! What is with the missile testing?!
And Laura Ling is Lisa Ling's sister. :( You know, Lisa Ling from Oprah?
Maybe Oprah will go to North Korea and save the day...

Besides thoroughly depressing current affairs, I've decided that setting up my own blogshop is more convenient and tidy than having to e-mail my things to resale-blog owners. :) At least if there's anything I need to sell off next time, the blog's there. :)

Anyway, if you're curious to see what I'm clearing from my wardrobe, click here. :D

It's definitely too early (for me) to say if the business world is doing well or poorly these days, but I've sold a book within 24 hours of opening the online shop. I'm grateful already. :) After exams I'm going to go and see what else I can do with the shop.

Oh, and ... exams commence this Friday. o.O

Post script:
I've been catching up on 2 months' worth of current affairs, and I'm having to do it using NST archives because all the other local news sites don't have easy archives. :( NST's archives aren't easy either. I have to read the news by Days: I'm still on Monday. Dang! Anyway, is it just me or is the NST super-not-objective in its use of diction?

For example: *Click*
"The appearance of the 13 independents in Bukit Selambau grabbed some of the attention from Bukit Gantang in Perak, where Pas' candidate Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin is desperately seeking a win in the parliamentary seat to avenge his ouster as menteri besar."

6 journalists worked on that article, and none of them failed to see how inappropriate the words "desperately" and "avenge" are? Something's not right. :(

0 comments: