Sunday 28 February 2010

Laterally literally, literally laterally.

Creative thinking champ Edward de Bono coined the term "lateral thinking" to mean solving problems via an indirect and creative approach.



Every now and then I am gripped by the realisation that not so far in the future, I am going to have to look for a job and get it. Of course, it doesn't help that the papers are always yapping on about how more and more graduates are unemployed. :(

Of course I want to be able to choose where I work and what I work as. The whole point of working hard at school is to be the best that I can be, and get the best that I can get. So what's the point of doing that if I have to settle for a mediocre, unfulfilling job in a remote area on the opposite end of Malaysia or something?

So imagine my horror at being reminded that that very choosiness is one of the five main reasons why graduates have trouble looking for work.

On the bright side, I have at least 18 months before I have to seriously buckle down and start circling the recruitment pages in the paper with red marker pens. :D So I'm going to get started on my new mini project of cross-stitching the words "Thinking Cap" on to one of my caps from FOS. Heeee!

0 comments: