Wednesday 3 March 2010

Going noodless.

This semester, I get Wednesdays off. :D No lectures, no tutorials - instead, I get R&R at home to nurse any blisters I may have procured from skulking around campus on three-inch wedges. And to recover from the pounding headache that drums on my forehead by the ninetieth minute of possibly every mind-boggling Authorship & Writing lecture. :P

Don't get me wrong, it's probably the most fascinating subject I will ever undertake in my entire degree. But it's also incredibly complex, theoretical, and bloody abstract. No resting on my laurels for this one, definitely! Or any of my other three units. :P


Spinach noodless. Available only at Tesco, Mutiara Damansara.

On a more non-academic note, I found out yesterday why Shangari's sister nicknamed her "Hammy". :D It goes something like this:

Shang: I have half a mind --
Shang's sis: (Interrupts her) You have half a mind?
Shang: No, that's not what I --
Shang's sis: Half A Mind = HAM = Hammy!


Hammy! Formerly known as Shangari :P

And my room officially looks prepped for a new semester. :D For a long time now, I've had a love affair with lists. To-do lists, topic lists, assignment lists, calendar lists, resource lists - it might be the control freak side of me talking, but there's a strange thrill about how lists can organize life and make things so much easier in the long run. :) With the wonderful wonder of lists, I reduce the chances of making careless mistakes or missing something out. And everything can be colour-coded, too! Lists are so fun. :P

My workspace
My favourite place to do my work! :D

PS1: On a sour note... I'm sick. :( Bugged by my bi-annual start-of-semester bug. Sigh! Every first week of a new semester, I fall sick. It sucks. And I have so much homework to do, after only 2 days of uni!

PS2: On a high note, I've finally gotten my paycheck for the Research Assistant stint I did back in the summer of '08-'09! :D

0 comments: