Tuesday 20 April 2010

If money grew on lime trees ...


If only.


That lace bangle from Diva, RM39


BlackBerry with Qwerty keyboard, dunno-how-much


A DSLR or a really good camera, Sadly but surely expensive


A silver bangle with the word "Today" engraved in it, RM58 here

How I constantly discover things I want but don't need, I don't know. I seem to have an unfortunate talent for it. Not to mention an insatiable thirst for material fulfilment.

It totally bums me out, because even when I have a knack for being able to get things I want for rendering writing services rather than cash ...

There Are Some Things I Cannot Write Advertorials For! :(

So I don't care for designer bags or Jimmy Choo heels, or whether or not a recognised brand is attached to the item I'm wearing - even though the defining Crave Factor isn't pinned to a name or number, I still am attracted to Things That Attract Me.

Sometimes they're cheap and affordable (and then I can buy them) but sometimes they're not so cheap (and then I sigh and cook up ways to get X amount of money for that RMX item so that it'll be as if I never spent any money at all).

But then when I actually make that X amount of money, there comes the question of, "Is it worth blowing all that money away on something I don't really need?" I know it's there. I know I can get it. But I haven't, because it took me that long to make that much money, and it takes only a couple of purchases to see it disappear.

(Although that's also a question of WHY THE HELL THINGS ARE SO EXPENSIVE HERE.)

So I blog endlessly about it to remind myself there's still that thing I'm striving for. I think philosophers call it human greed. E.g. I want to ace school to get a really good job to get a really good salary to get really nice Things.

I shudder at the thought of turning into one of those people who spend money they don't actually have. Or one of those kids who while away the family funds while the parents scrimp and save for years and years. Or the people who have got their priorities all wrong, and spend their savings on things they don't need, instead of things that actually matter in the long run.

0 comments: