Tuesday 22 January 2013

Water snakes.

A couple of days ago, I asked him, "Do you ever dream about the first time we meet?"
"No," he said, startling me.
"No? You don't think about it?"
"No," he repeated. "I dream about our first home. I dream about our first child. I dream about us watching our kids playing."
With my admissions essays completed, application packets posted, and only one recommendation letter left to get sent, I find myself breathing a little easier for the first time in over a year. It really is out of my hands now - and despite how difficult a concept that is for a control freak like myself to grasp, I must. All I can do is follow-up on my paperwork, make sure things are delivered to where they're supposed to be, and wait for admissions decisions.

In the meantime, I'm on my last 37 days of vacation of ukulele-strumming and movie-watching before work starts at Monash. However, I think my briefing and prep time will start before the end of the 37 days... I do have to study the material, haha. It's hard to believe I'll be a tutor, and that the school is actually paying me to teach - when just a month ago, I was still a student there myself. :) It makes me happy, excited, and nervous all at the same time. But the money's good and the environment is encouraging - this is, after all, a part of what I'd like to do as a career.

On another note, Mummy thinks that nothing works better for me than a financial incentive - so yesterday, she said she'd pay me RM10/hour on the treadmill. I found myself sweating it out on the treadmill this morning for the first time in over two years. Lolol.

P.S: Got hired again last night for another catalog shoot. :) I never thought I'd actually be a plus-sized model, but evidently an open mind allows cool things in. Hehe.


0 comments: