Tuesday 1 April 2014

Malaysian food cravings

With 41 days left til I'm in Malaysia again, my Malaysian food cravings are getting stronger and stronger. This morning, I woke up to a dream where my mom had frozen 50 char siew bao for me, and I was stacking them happily in my freezer to steam each one when I wanted to eat it. 

My Facebook hashtag project is still going strong -- #MYcountdown -- and I recently uncovered a Pappa Rich in Koreatown with reportedly authentic Malaysian char koay teow. Unfortunately, it's all the way in Koreatown, and I don't have a car.

If only there was a food delivery service like foodpanda...

The most popular types of cuisine available on foodpanda: it's like the world's appetite in one website :'(
Satay, fried rice, kuih ketayap, curry, Ipoh chicken hor fun, asam laksa ... you crave it, they've got it. Despite living in the land of the free, labor costs are really expensive here and therefore there aren't many delivery services -- so I can't just anyhow order food in the middle of the night and expect someone to deliver it to my apartment. Hahaha. Except pizza. I think pizza is the major deliverable food here.

Also, it is super easy to order from foodpanda! I hope they open their services here in LA soon, before I leave... or in Austin. :( Malaysians are so lucky when it comes to food: not only are the mamak stalls open 24/7, now you can have food delivered to your doorstep just like new clothes!


BRB crying.

0 comments: